Rehearsals now in KURC.
Repertoire for Autumn 2021
- Nicolai: Overture to The Merry Wives of Windsor 9’
- Williams: Schindler’s List (soloist: Joshua von Bohlen) 8’
- Choral piece with Harmonie Choir: RVW’s Serenade to Music. 16’
- Bond: A Ripping Yarn 8’
- Schubert: Symphony no. 5 25’
- Bach: Christmas Oratorio (final chorus, with full orchestra) 5’
|10.30 to 11.30||11.30 to 12.30|
|Sep 15||Run through||Run through||Artistic Sub-Committee
(F&GP previous week TBA)
|Sep 22||Late summer “welcome back” party|
|Sep 29||Management committee|
Schubert + maybe others
|Oct 27||HALF TERM|
|Nov 24||Management committee|
|3 pm CONCERT at St Andrew’s Surbiton|
Please come between 10am and 10.20, and we will aim to start at 10.30, and then with a short break at about 11.30 (no socialising!), we will finish at 12.30.
The K3AO Risk Assessment has been circulated to all members. To repeat the points set out in the Appendix: This is a simple set of rules for everyone
- Only attend if not aware of any Covid-19 symptoms. You are responsible for yourself.
- Use hand sanitizer on entering (KURC or K3AO will provide).
- Wear masks at all times. Optional to remove them whilst playing
- Social distancing to be observed at all times i.e., 2m, or 1m + face covering.
- Conform with KURC rules on movement. In particular, do not enter the long corridor if someone is coming the other way
- Use of South East corner door (behind where the drum kit usually is) for access to loos is encouraged.
- Bring own refreshment and hand sanitizer
- Bring own stand. If this is very inconvenient, a stand may be drawn from the K3AO stock by the player, wiped with an alcohol-infused wipe afterwards, and returned to stock
- Wind/brass players to be responsible for catching and clearing liquid from their instruments (e.g., kitchen roll/ sealable plastic container.)
- K3AO to supply hand sanitizer, alcohol infused wipes and disposable gloves.
If you can come, aim to be there between 10am and 10.20 so we can start playing at 10.30. We will not have a formal break, as we must not mingle.
PROVISIONAL TERM DATES FOR 2022
1 January 5 Finance & General Purposes committee
2 12 New Year Party
3 19 Artistic Sub-Committee
5 February 2 Management Committee
19 (Saturday) K3AO Away Day
8 March 2 Management Committee
Spring Concert 20 Sunday: at Kingston Parish Church
1 April 20 Finance & General Purposes committee
2 27 Artistic Sub- Committee
3 May 4
4 11 Management Committee
Half-term June (1)
7 June 8
9 22 Management Committee
Concert 29 “Summer Music” and party
1 Sept 14 Artistic Sub- Committee (F&GP Wed Sept 9)
3 28 Management Committee
4 Oct 5
5 12 AGM
Half-term (26) Half term dates to be finalised when Local Authority/ School dates confirmed
7 Nov 2
10 23 Management Committee
Winter Concert 4 Sunday: at St Andrews, Surbiton