Rehearsals now in KURC.
Repertoire for Autumn 2021
- Nicolai: Overture to The Merry Wives of Windsor 9’
- Williams: Schindler’s List (soloist: Joshua von Bohlen) 8’
- Choral piece with Harmonie Choir: RVW’s Serenade to Music. 16’
- Bond: A Ripping Yarn 8’
- Schubert: Symphony no. 5 25’
- Bach: Christmas Oratorio (final chorus, with full orchestra) 5’
|10.30 to 11.30||11.30 to 12.30|
|Sep 15||Run through||Run through||Artistic Sub-Committee
(F&GP previous week TBA)
|Sep 22||Late summer “welcome back” party|
|Sep 29||Management committee|
|Oct 27||HALF TERM|
|Nov 24||Management committee|
|3 pm CONCERT at St Andrew’s Surbiton|
Please come between 10am and 10.20, and we will aim to start at 10.30, and then with a short break at about 11.30 (no socialising!), we will finish at 12.30.
The K3AO Risk Assessment has been circulated to all members. To repeat the points set out in the Appendix: This is a simple set of rules for everyone
- Only attend if not aware of any Covid-19 symptoms. You are responsible for yourself.
- Use hand sanitizer on entering (KURC or K3AO will provide).
- Wear masks at all times. Optional to remove them whilst playing
- Social distancing to be observed at all times i.e., 2m, or 1m + face covering.
- Conform with KURC rules on movement. In particular, do not enter the long corridor if someone is coming the other way
- Use of South East corner door (behind where the drum kit usually is) for access to loos is encouraged.
- Bring own refreshment and hand sanitizer
- Bring own stand. If this is very inconvenient, a stand may be drawn from the K3AO stock by the player, wiped with an alcohol-infused wipe afterwards, and returned to stock
- Wind/brass players to be responsible for catching and clearing liquid from their instruments (e.g., kitchen roll/ sealable plastic container.)
- K3AO to supply hand sanitizer, alcohol infused wipes and disposable gloves.
If you can come, aim to be there between 10am and 10.20 so we can start playing at 10.30. We will not have a formal break, as we must not mingle.
PROVISIONAL TERM DATES FOR 2021
NB all dates are subject to change, as a consequence of Covid-19 Restrictions
1 January 6 Finance & General Purposes committee
2 13 New Year Party – may be a “Zoom Drink” in the evening
3 20 Artistic Sub-Committee
5 February 3 Management Committee
Half-term (17) NB No weekend away at Abingworth this year.
8 March 3 Management Committee
Extra rehearsal April 14 Cancelled. (Play-through Schubert 5)
1 April 21 ZOOM REHEARSAL Finance & General Purposes committee
2 28 ZOOM REHEARSAL Artistic Sub- Committee
3 May 5 ZOOM REHEARSAL
4 12 ZOOM REHEARSAL Management Committee
5 19 Rehearsals begin at KURC
Half-term June 2 Rehearsal for those who can make it
7 June 9
Sat June 12 Awayday at St Mary’s Mortlake
9 23 Management Committee
Concert 30 “Summer Music”
1 Sept 15 Artistic Sub- Committee (F&GP previous week)
2 22 Late summer “welcome back” party
3 29 Management Committee
4 Oct 6
5 13 AGM
6 20 Half term dates to be finalised when Local Authority/ School dates confirmed
7 Nov 3
10 24 Management Committee
11 Dec 1
Winter Concert 5 Sunday: at St Andrews, Surbiton